Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Master Mechanix in Pocatello
Auto Repair Near Tyee
What People Say About Us
I looked at the reviews online and decided to give Master Mechanix a try and was not disappointed. They fixed my truck in like a quarter of the time I was expecting and at a incredibly reasonable price. Ever since I have been driving I have never had good experiences with mechanics, but this is the exception. They were very nice and did not try and sell me a bunch of stuff I did not need. Next time any of my vehicles has a problem I know where I will be going.
I had my vehicle towed here for repairs after a breakdown on the freeway a few weeks ago and, although they were a little backed up due to bad weather, they figured the problem out quickly and let me know exactly what to expect in cost. The part that was broken was still under warranty by the manufacturer, so Master Mechanix took care of the work and warranty reimbursement with me only having to pay for the initial diagnosis! Very happy with how everything went and would recommend these guys to anyone. Thanks!
Best general mechanic I've ever been to. I've always gone to the dealership where I've got my car because they are they only ones I trust even though they are very expensive. I came here because the dealership said they didn't have the parts to do the job and recommended Master Mechanix. Very fast and cheap. very happy with the service and will go back in the future.
Ray is an excellent technician! High quality work and very honest! I have been going to Master Mechanix for years.
I have brought several of my vehicles in to Master Mechanix for troubleshooting and repair over the last 15 years I have lived in the Pocatello area. Their pricing is very reasonable, the repairs are quick and I have never been disappointed or unsatisfied with the service. Their work is always top notch! Ray always takes the time to explain options, pricing and repair time and doesn't ever attempt to "pile on" a bunch of other work. I continuously recommend Master Mechanix to family and friends.
They provided great service and great education about how to properly care for my car. Thanks guys!!